K&A is uniquely equipped to meet our core responsibility of providing clients the best candidates for each and every search. We have maintained a closely controlled practice in order to provide our clients access to our experiences and contacts. By enlisting contributions from every partner and associate for each search and engaging our client as an additional partner, we expand our reach exponentially. Our dedicated research team augments our historical relationships with current referral contacts utilizing our extensive on- and off-line data sources. The collaborative process we have created has been developed and refined since our inception and includes a multiple step approach:
- Creating a profile: One of the most crucial steps in any search is to understand the client’s needs. To that end, we meet with all relevant parties to better understand the current and future requirements of the role. We are dedicated to understanding both the technical requirements of the position and the humanistic qualities that will ensure a successful search. In some instances we have introduced industry experts to our clients to assist in the clarification of the role and candidate profile by utilizing their industry knowledge.
- Database Research: We maintain one of the most comprehensive and current databases in the industry – more than 50,000 executives that we utilize to support our sourcing activities. We leverage these relationships and augment them with direct research as it relates to each specific assignment.
- Identification and Referral Process: Our task is to uncover the candidates’ tangible and intangible strengths and weaknesses. We draw upon our own experiences interviewing thousands of candidates and conducting detailed references checks to understand their career path to date and how their professional history will add value to our client organizations. We pride ourselves on effective and consistent communication with our clients throughout all phases of the search process.
- Closure: Throughout the search process we are sensitive to the style, personality and leadership qualities of all candidates to ensure a successful cultural match with our client. We are involved in the negotiation process; our clients have found our input at this sensitive stage paramount to success.
- Follow-Up: We base our success, not only when the successful candidate is identified, but after they have begun their tenure when our clients can measure their positive impact to the organization.
K&A has developed and refined our search process through the diversity of clients and industries we serve. Whether we are supporting a non-profit with a key hire or identifying a senior executive for a large public company, we view our role as a strategic advisor. Because we serve sectors ranging from technology to real estate and health care to heavy industry, we have developed an instinct about which candidates will excel when moving from a successful position in one sector to a new role in a different discipline.